Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Needed: a recipe for chive blossoms

Our chives are blossoming. I picked one and broke it open and, oh, the aromatic nectary goodness nearly made me pass out. Anyone out there cook with these? I'm thinking either some kind of stir fry with a whole bunch o' spring veg, pork or chicken, basil (we have a lot of that) and perfectly-done rice. Or perhaps a pasta: light cream, again with basil and mushroom and chicken and, maybe, some kind of white wine. Or, hey, perhaps some roasted vegetables (sweet potato? asparagus?) with the fresh blossom tossed on top just as they come out of the oven so they can steam slightly for thirty seconds before serving.

But I'm just making shit up. Anyone out there got any tried and true (and cheeseless) recipes?

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print