Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Really beginning to piss me off

The other day I finally watched The Social Network. Good film. More about that another time. What struck me was the Netflix jacket:

For those who can't read my blurry out-of-focus photo, it says:

Director David Fincher's biographical drama chronicles the meteoric rise of Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg (Jesse Eisenberg) from Harvard sophomore to Internet superstar, examining his relationships with co-founder Eduardo Saverin (Andrew Garfield) and Napster founder Sean Parker (Justin Timberlake). Winning Golden Globes for Best Picture and Best Director, the film also racked up Oscar nods in the same categories and for lead actor Eisenberg.

No mention of Aaron Sorkin. Who actually fucking won the Oscar. There again, hey, he's just the writer. Not important, right? This constant dismissal of the people who create the movies, who create the books, who create the TV shows, is beginning to really piss me off.

That's all.

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print