Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Me doing a cover of "My Girl is Queen of the Savages" on ukulele


Yesterday was the 13-week anniversary of getting Jeepster: she is a quarter of a year old. To celebrate, I'd meant to record a beautifully rehearsed bit of...something. But because I wasn't sure what--though I was pondering both "Hallelujah" and "Bird on a Wire"--I got around to neither.

But then I did a tweet, around 5 pm, saying, Hey, I was going to do this thing, but didn't, so any requests? And Alyx Dellamonica said, Do "My Girl is Queen of the Savages!" And I said, Never fucking heard of it! But then I went to YouTube and listened to it, and it seemed easy enough. So I thought, Ah, what the fuck, sat down, ran through it a couple of times, and recorded it on my phone.

From hearing the name of the song for the first time to posting my cover version: about 90 minutes (maybe 2 hrs, it's hard to figure out, exactly). It's a wee bit out of my range--a bit high--but hey, sometimes life is all about taking things on the volley. It's less than two minutes. Enjoy.


Check this out on Chirbit
This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print