Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Frost like salt, sun like lemon

We've had brilliant sunshine and cracking cold here in Seattle for a few days. With great sunsets--which I always forget to photograph. It's been very dry (which kills all the allergens, kills those fuckers dead, and I dance on their grave). I took these two snaps yesterday. It was early afternoon and the lemon sun was sharp enough to sting. Frost sparkled on grass and shrubs like salt:

Yeah, it's blurred. It was cold.
I stepped shivering back into the living room through the front door and was immediately struck by the streaming light and shadow thrown by the front window around the back window.

Light and shadow are on my mind today. In about two hours, I begin the Author Photo ritual. I'll let you know how it goes. Let's just hope the studio is warm...
This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print