Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Love, life, and Hild

Yesterday I finished the sixth draft of Hild. The manuscript, excluding ephemera, weighs in at 1002 pages: 207,333 words.

In the next six days I'll be giving it one more smooth, things like changing POV on a couple of small scenes, restructuring one sequence, sharpening a moment here and there. Then I'll write the acknowledgements.

But not today. It's our anniversary. Twenty-three years ago today I moved to this country to live with Kelley. We will be having a selfish, satisfying and utterly sinful twenty-four hours.

I'd wish the same for you but, hey, I bet you can't match what we have planned...

Print

7 comments:

  1. A Red letter day! Congratulations on all accounts. I'm looking forward to the release.

    Barrett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary to you two! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful day. And congrats on Hild. I can hardly wait for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, Happy Anniversary to you both...

    And congratulations for getting to the one more smooth stage with Hild.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary. It's been wonderful to know you both. And huzzah the sin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, all. I'm a wee bit bleary this morning but very happy :)

    ReplyDelete