Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What I've been up to

Things have been a bit quiet around here because I've been busy.

  • I'm back in physical therapy, this time something called neuro-physiotherapy, which is absolutely exhausting me.
  • I've volunteered (on a temporary basis) to coordinate (and, most time-consumingly, build) Clarion West's social media until the permanent coordinator can step in. As the Write-a-thon and main workshop are just about to start, along with all the readings and parties associated with same, I've got a lot on my plate.
  • I've been wrestling with two applications. One was a purely-for-the-fun competition-ish kind of thing far from my usual beaten path (which, no, I'm not going to tell you about here). But the other was an absolute bear, with an insane submission process involving the UI from hell.
But don't despair! I have in mind a couple of longish blog posts: my review of Superior (really! I haven't forgotten!) and some thoughts on lesbian fiction in the US and UK and how genre classification affects that. I definitely want to get those done before all our summer visitors descend on Seattle.

How's your June been? What do you have planned for the rest of it? How many of you are either doing or supporting someone else who's doing the Write-a-thon?
This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print