Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Aud on Twitter

My ex-editor, Charlotte Abbott, has a great new blog, Follow the Reader, with FoAN, Kay Meyer. Today Kat interviews Colleen Lindsay, a friend (and ex-publicist--oooh, an ex convention!):

Colleen’s One Small Step Toward Saving Publishing Would Be:
“It would be great to see any one publisher make it a company policy to take one day a month AT WORK and make it a reading-only day. I’d love to see publishers step back and try to remember why most of their employees are working in publishing in the first place: a love of reading.

But the way most of your day is structured at any publishing job actually precludes one from simply READING.
As an agent I’m up against the same thing. It was a huge wake up call for me last year to realize that in a 12-month period, I’d read only seven - SEVEN! - books that weren’t client manuscripts or partials I was evaluating. It takes some of the joy out of the work.”

Fictitious Book Character She’d Most Like to Twitter With:
Aud Torvingen from Nicola Griffith's wonderful series of books The Blue Place, Stay and Always. But I suspect that Aud would just hunt me down and break my neck for bothering her.”

If you play nicely, Aud won't hurt you--at least not much. Why don't you try it and see?

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print