Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

spot the van

I thought you might enjoy a photo of the pizza delivery van stranded outside our house for the last three days:

Can't see it? It's right there, in the centre, the smooth mound with the point on the top (that's the Domino's sign--nope we don't eat Domino's; we eat Pagliacci). Here's a picture of the ravine this morning:

And here's the same view an hour earlier:

I've been fascinated by the snowlight. I get up at two o'clock in the morning just to look at it. It's unearthly. For the first time I think I understand the association of the winter solstice with magic and miracles.

And now the light is changing yet again. Now instead of the graphites and greys, instead of the dove-feather blues and violets, I'm seeing white and green. Hold on... There:

Enough photos for a while. I know I don't capture what I see. I just can't help trying, y'know? I think I've spent too much time talking to photographers lately :) Speaking of which, I'd really like to do a blog this week about the work of Jennifer Durham. Hopefully, Hild won't prove much of a jealous mistress. Stay tuned.

This kind of cozy weather means we're drinking more wine than usual. (Hey, a warm fire, twinkling tree, food roasting in the over--you'd have to have a heart of stone to not want to add wine and conversation to the mix.) Last night it was a nice Châteauneuf-du-Pape that we'd had kicking around in the wine fridge for a while. We couldn't remember if it was a so-so buy or Something Special so we thought, fuck it, the time to live life is now, so we opened it. It was luscious. Life is very, very good.

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print