Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

NicKel con

From: Manning Williams

Don't ya just hate spam...

I have been very lucky in the past month in that I discovered you and your Aud books. I love mystery/adventure books and now I have a new fave. (Add to the fave five...geez that sounds like a phone commercial.) The bad news is I've read all three over the past two weeks and, like all author junkies, my brain is clamoring for more. Pleeease tell me there's more coming out in the near future!

I would love to come to one of your personal appearances. Unfortunately I live in the Detroit area and don't think I'll be in your city any time soon. But, as a reason to pick a place for vacation, seeing a favorite author in person sounds pretty appealing.

Thanks for letting me share my thoughts.

Hey, I love hearing readers' thoughts. That's the entire point of this blog.

As for more coming soon, well, sorry to disappoint you but no, I have nothing on the horizon except an essay just out in the UK and due any minute in the US. (It's written with Kelley and called "War Machine, Time Machine," published in Queer Universes, edited by Wendy Pearson et al.) And of course there's my memoir, if you have a spare $75.

But you're the second person recently to suggest a vacation to come and meet me and Kelley. Others have mentioned such a thing--a few people have even done it, and we've met them for drinks, or dinner, or coffee, or whatever depending on our schedule and theirs. So Kelley and I have started to imagine NicKel Con, a small, informal gathering here in Seattle of people who know and like us/our work. It would be a get together of all those people who have been talking to us and each other via our various blogs and the Yahoo list for a decade or more. Will it ever happen? I don't know. But I think it would be cool. We've formed a bit of a community over the years; it's time we met.


This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print