Pages

Monday, May 26, 2008

are your queer friends worth ten seconds of your life? (or: time to be an ally, people)

The Office of the Governor of California has set up a hotline public opinion vote on the recent state Supreme Court decision regarding same-sex marriage. It's a fully automated system and it's not, repeat not, limited to California residents.

The number works. It's not a scam. I've just called it myself. If ever you've thought, huh, wish I could do something to help all my queer friends, now is the time.

To vote in support of the California Supreme Court's decision on same-sex marriage, call the Governor's office:

1. call 1-916-445-2841
2. press options 1 (english) 5 (to vote), 1 (LGBT issue), 1 (vote yes)

It's really easy. The first time I called, the line was busy. The second time, the whole process took about ten seconds. Are your queer friends worth ten seconds of your time?

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print