Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Teaching HILD

I've been hearing about colleges in the US and UK that are teaching Hild from a variety of perspectives: history of English, gender and history, landscape history, and so on. This pleases me enormously. 

I'm a big fan of what in the corporate world are called communities of practice, so if you're teaching Hild please let me know, and if you like I can two things:

  • Put you in touch with others doing the same
  • Answer any questions you might have about the book
Or I could just beam to myself, and hug the notion of this thing I made from a few stray thoughts being out in the world and taught.

Many of my other books have been taught, too, but for some reason this one is special. Perhaps because St Hilda herself is so associated with education. It just feels right. So thank you. 
This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print