Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

Stay as an ebook in the UK

From: Laura

I'm looking for the ebook version of Stay but it doesn't appear to be listed on Amazon UK. Is it only available in paperback?

Sadly, yes, Stay is only available in the UK in paperback. The Aud books have never been officially published there, just imported from the US. Clearly HarperCollins (who published The Blue Place) and Riverhead/Penguin (Always) feel able to offer the Kindle version but Vintage/Random House (Stay) don't. Why? I don't know. A lot about publishing does not make sense to me

Being able to get two of the books in digital form but not the third is so far from ideal it approaches the bizarre. This is currently out of my control. There's nothing I'd like more than to get the rights back to all three and publish them properly and as a coherent package all over the world. I'm working on it. As and when I get my own way on this I'll post the news here.

I am very proud of the Aud books but their publication has been a great frustration to me. One day I'll fix it. I'll probably fix it faster in the UK because here in the US it will require more money than I currently have available to buy back the territorial rights from three different publishers. But I have no idea of timeframes in either case.

Meanwhile, hey, at least there's the paperback.
This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print