Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

SCOTUS, same-sex marriage, and my anniversary

At some point next week the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) will hand down its decisions on the Defence of Marriage Act (DOMA) and California Proposition 8.

It's possible it could happen on Monday, June 24th, but my guess is it will be on June 26th or 27th. That is, the day of or the day after the 25th anniversary of the day I met--the day I fell in love with--Kelley.

It's my belief that by June 28th any marriage of one women to another, or man to another, will be eligible for all the federal rights and privileges pertaining to heterosexual married couples. For why, and what this means exactly, see previous posts on marriage equality and the Supreme Court.

I know my silver anniversary will be a happy one. But I'm sincerely hoping it will be a fabulously happy one.

How about you?

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print