Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hild, Adrienne Rich, and Toni Morrison

We must use what we have to invent what we desire.
Adrienne Rich, What is Found There: Notebooks on Poetry and Politics 
If there’s a book you really want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.
Toni Morrison (though many others have expressed the same sentiment)
I've been thinking about Hild a lot this past week--and what it was like to write her. When I began I thought it was an impossible task, that I would fail. But I wanted to read her story, so I did it anyway. I made it possible. Much the same way she made her extraordinary story possible. So today I'm feeling a great kinship with this woman of fourteen hundred years ago. I'm looking forward to getting to know her better.
This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print