Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Never piss off a writer

As a novelist I'm fond of reminding people: Never piss off a writer. A writer can immortalise an enemy by killingly them gruesomely, lingeringly, before millions of readers. (It's very satisfying.)

I am currently dissatisfied with the Quarterly Review of Biology. There's a paper in their latest issue that should be freely accessible but costs $14. However, it's difficult to write the death of a scholarly journal into a novel about the seventh century (my current work-in-progress). So I've had to resort to spectacular movie violence instead.

So, for all the millions of people with MS who want to read this paper and can't get to it, I made this for you. Turn it up loud:

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print