Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Facebook Timeline

Facebook is bringing Timeline online next week. I decided to get ahead of the curve and do mine now. I haven't spent much time on it. But I imagine I could: curating, fussing, sharpening, adding. I can see how for many people this could be a very useful feature, a way to bring together their online lives in one place.

But I prefer using tools over which I have long-term control. (This blog. My website.) I would hate to spend a hundred hours fixing everything in this walled garden, getting it just right, and for the FB powers-that-be to decide, Eh, bored now, and put in place yet another design. My work would be wasted.

But I spent an hour yesterday fiddling. Go take a look. Go look at your own Timeline. (GalleyCat has some basic How-To tips.) Make sure to pay attention to the privacy issues like downloadable email addresses and so forth. And don't waste too much time...

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print