Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunshine and perbs

It's going to be a beautiful day here in Seattle, warm and sunny, and like the rest of the population I'm going to be away from my desk. I thought I'd leave you with two photos of our perb survivors.

The first is of the chives which, as you can see, are flowering. I love chive flowers, so today while I'm out and about I'll be pondering some kind of light pasta dish I can make to highlight their delicious flowery goodness.

And here's the sage, which I thought might not survive the wet winter. But it hung on, and now that the sun is here, it's putting on new growth:

No doubt I'll enjoy munching this up, too. I'm thinking some kind of pork-with-sage dish. If only the plums were ripe, that would make a mouthwatering sauce. But, hey, all I have to do is wait...

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print