Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ammonite art prints

Today I'm cross with gods. Anglo-Saxon gods. I've been researching them for Hild. They are slippery little bastards. That is, scholars seem to disagree about all the particulars. No one will be definite about anything. So I'm feeling frustrated.

During this irritable phase, I've found it soothing to gaze at a present I got for my fiftieth birthday last year: two lovely prints (from copper etching, on Japanese paper--I think) made by Vicki Platts-Brown (who also made Petalville). These are the photos Kelley took of the prints before Vicki framed them. (I tried taking a picture of the finished product, both prints, one above the other, framed and matted, but the glass made it difficult. So here are the raw prints (click to enlarge):



And now back to wrestling with gods...

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print