Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The malevolence of inanimate objects

It's been an odd few days at the Eskridge-Griffith household.

It began with Kelley getting kicked in the head at her gym. (No lasting damage, but she got her teeth rattled and her temper riled.) Then our portable oil heater leaked all over the floor. The hot water ran cold for no good reason. Software mysteriously turned on me. (Dropbox, if you must know. No clue what the problem is.) I twisted my wrist. The comforter exploded all over the laundry. Even the sunshine seems weirdly menacing and the birds subdued.

Why? Well, the only thing I can think of is that for the first time in years I went three whole weeks without a massage. My solution: I'll have two massages this week! That and more beer should propitiate the gods (not to mention, y'know, me).

A reasonable blog schedule will resume shortly.

How has your January been so far? On balance, are you finding the beginning of 2011 better or worse than 2010?

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print