Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I want this a lot

I want the Historical Thesaurus of the Oxford English Dictionary. I already own the 20-volume OED and I can't tell you how much pleasure it's given me. Researcher Extraordinaire Lisa Gold tells us that online access to HTOED begins in December, and that if you have a library card, some library systems will enable access from home. That sounds fab--except that it would mean disabling Freedom. And I need Freedom. A lot.

(Freedom behaves like a nun with a ruler from my childhood. Everytime I reach out to mouse over to iGoogle, *whack*, the ruler comes down on my knuckles: You may not! I've started calling the app Sister Mary Joseph.)

Hey, perhaps my now-extreme productivity will lead to a sudden surge in income. And then HTOED will be mine, all mine...

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print