Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

one dozen roses...

I've been tired the last little while (it's family stuff, very draining; and, no, I don't want to discuss it here) and in a bit of a daze. It's a grey day here in Seattle, but the sun came out briefly this afternoon and the roses on our trellis blazed blood red in the light. Exactly one dozen.

Later, in my office, wrestling with Hild (it's nearly as much fun as it sounds), I heard a weird noise and looked up: five (5) raccoons sitting in a row along the back fence. Another noise, and a flash of electric blue: a Stellar's Jay shrieking at the raccoons.

So those are my anchor point today: one dozen roses, five raccoons, and a jay. And Kelley, always Kelley. Bright spots at any time.

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print