Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

new bio form?

I'm still thinking about Hild, and elves, and all things LLF-related. Also recovering from the wicked heat. (Since when did the forecast of high-80s in Seattle become 'only'?)

Just in case you're desperate for something to look at until I clear some headspace, here's Annie Lennox:

This is taken from DJ Earworm, who says:

I’ve always held a deep respect for Annie Lennox and her music, so when she gave me her multi-track masters to mash up, I was thrilled. The task was to tie together all of her solo career into single song and video, and I could deconstruct it as much as I wanted! Woohoo!

Kelley first told me about this. When she described it, I imagined a new form of biopic, the biomashup. I imagined a chronological visual and audio arc of Lennox as performer. Now that would be seriously cool, and, as far as I know, utterly new. But then I went to see for myself and found that the mashup was just that, a mishmash.

Disappointment upon N-land!

The video is fairly pleasant but mildly boring. I think DJ Earworm missed a priceless opportunity to create something really new. And frankly I think performer bios need a makeover.

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print