Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

april snow, and Hild workouts

It's April. The dogwood blossom is pink. The climbing roses are shooting and creeping. And it's snowing.

I'd planned on going for a walk in the park but it looks as though it'll be Hild who gets the workout this afternoon. I've had some interesting realisations about what she learns from her mother, and how that affects her life--and consequently the lives of many people in Western Europe for the next fourteen hundred years. Not to mention the formation of US democracy. Am I reaching? Why yes. But that's half the fun.

Seriously, though, I spent the ten minutes of falling-asleep hypnagogery last night scribbling notes. Some are rather odd: 'House martins, snipping for flies over the pond', 'what do you see up a tree? badger paths...' Some contain an explosive kernel: 'not a sword, a club' and 'women and men team-->take care of people and things'. If you don't understand what I'm talking about, don't worry, I do. I'm going to be busy for a while.

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print