Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

worst song in the world, scientifically speaking

The crack team of Dave Soldier and Komar & Melamid have scientifically created the world's worst song:

It clocks in at over 20 minutes. The trio has a Web site where they asked visitors to list their most hated sounds, be they operatic hip-hop with cowboy lyrics, swelling harps or marching-band music from hell. They claim that "fewer than 200 individuals of the world's total population will enjoy this," but released it anyhow.

I listened to it. (Okay, I listened to ten minutes. I dare you to go longer.) It's not the skin-twitching irritation I thought it would be, but it is very strange, tin-eared elevator music--the kind of thing you would not want to listen to after leaving a party chemically altered. Who knows where you'd end up...

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print