Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

get drunk, survive apocalypse

Well, okay, not quite. But close:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A natural antioxidant commonly found in red wine and fruit may protect against radiation exposure, U.S. researchers reported on Tuesday.

Tests in mice showed that resveratrol, when altered using a compound called acetyl, could prevent some of the damage caused by radiation, the researchers told the American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology meeting in Boston...

(Thanks, Cindy)

But, hey, if I had only one hour left til The Bomb Hits I'd dig out that bottle of Chateau Margaux we've got tucked away and take it and Kelley to bed. There are worse ways to go. Of course, I'd rather there was time for the bottle to mature (I think it has another 8 years to go before it's perfect) and then I'd like to have time to talk about it afterwards, and to wait for the next year's batch and see how that compares, and... Well, huh, I don't want the world to end.

But if it was going to, how would you choose to party?

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print