Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Narrator choice for Hild

From: Colleen

Just a note to tell you I've just purchased Hild at the Audible.com site.  

Yes, I prefer to have an actual book in my hands when I read but I must drive about hither thither and yon all over creation  for work and I've found that the traffic and knob head drivers are ever so much easier to tune out when I'm  immersed  in another world. Also, I have the worst migraines and it is hard to forgo the reading even when I cannot see properly. So, audiobooks are my mana these days.   

At any rate, I want to thank you for using an English reader for your audiobook. I am an American (who grew up in Kenya - long story) but I cannot abide historical tales read aloud in American voices. Is it me? Shhh, don't tell the others.

I hope that you will eventually be back to San Francisco with your lovely wife, for some readings etc.  

I wish you only the best of health this coming year.
I asked for a woman with a British accent and was very glad they agreed. It's a bonus that the narrator, Pearl Hewitt, and I are Northern lasses. All the feedback I've had so far is that listeners like it, so I'm happy.

As for health this year, ha! I went down with a vile cold (or upper respiratory tract infection, depending on which sounds the most deadly) on New Year's Day and it seemed to take an age to go away. But it did pass, eventually. That's the lovely thing about most viruses; if they don't kill you they go away.

I'd love to get to the Bay Area. We just have no idea of our schedule right now. There might be overseas travel for both of us; there might not. Everything's kind of up in the air right now.

Enjoy Hild. And do let me know what you think of the narration.
This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print