Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Utterly DELICIOUS Hild review!

Go read this exceptional review of Hild by Kate Macdonald at Vulpes Libris which begins:

Hild, Nicola Griffith’s fifth novel, is very long and very detailed. It’s also the most absorbing and addictive story I’ve read in years. I was subliminally resentful for days until I finished it, finally, at 3am on a Sunday morning. By Sunday afternoon I had started reading it all over again. Being gobbled alive by a story isn’t so uncommon, but needing to go back and be gobbled up all over again only hours later is a mark of something exceptional. Several weeks later, I began it for a third time, because I simply couldn’t get the story out of my head, and wanted to get back into Hild’s world.
It's a long, juicy, thoroughly intelligent assessment of the novel. I am beaming. Also worth your attention: Kate's marvellous podcast, Why I Really Like this Book. She reviewed Ammonite a while back.
---
Oh, and Hild is a Publishers Weekly Book of the Week. So I'm going into the weekend feeling pretty pleased with myself.
This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print