The Science Fiction and Fantasy Translation Awards are awarded annually for works of speculative fiction translated into English from other languages. There are two awards: one for long form (over 40,000 words) and one...well, I expect you can work that out.
They are a fabulous idea--encouraging availability of world sf--and they need your help. They are currently running an auction fundraiser, with many great prizes. Some examples:
- A signed US hardback edition of Embassytown from China Miéville
- A signed manuscript of Pirate Cinema, Cory Doctorow’s forthcoming YA novel
- A signed copy of the South African edition of Moxyland, with soundtrack by African Dope on CD, from Lauren Beukes
- A signed copy of the Pyr edition of The Restoration Game from Ken MacLeod
- A signed copy of Range of Ghosts, the new novel from Elizabeth Bear
The one I'm offering is the orange paperback on the left with the jellybean spaceship. It's the very first printing of the very first edition of my very first novel. I don't know how many there are left in the world but I only have two on my shelf.
Please go make some mad bids on some good stuff and help a great cause. (Don't forget it's tax-deductible--and your employer may match the money you donate.)