Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Food glorious food

This is the kind of thing I'm eating for dinner on my new food regimen*: steak (grass-fed, and cooked on a Foreman grill), roasted beet, carrots, cauliflower, onion (just tiny bit) and brussel sprouts, and mushrooms (sauteed in olive oil). Book (old but ordinary-sized mass market paperback) for scale. Aperitif was a couple of little bottles of Perrier sipped by the fire with Kelley. Starter was a big gulp of flaxseed oil. Dessert was a pile of blueberries and raspberries, with green tea (decaf). Delicious.

I have no idea how many bazillion calories it amounts to. But I ate every scrap (and a bit of Kelley's). The sad part? I'll be hungry again in two hours. No alcohol and no grains will do that to a person.

Breakfast and lunch is a tad more austere (protein only for breakfast--fish or eggs; protein and non-carbolicious veg for lunch). But at night--well, evening (no food after 8:00 pm)--I pig out. Strictly speaking I shouldn't have had beets and carrots, but they were leftovers from yesterday. I couldn't let them go to waste.

* I really will blog about this regimen coherently. Too much going on right now to organise the information properly.
This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print