Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Send me 'lame' links for new Tumblr blog

I've started a Tumblr blog, the Lame Wall of Shame, to showcase links from media outlets who use 'lame' as an insult.

They should know better. (If you don't understand why, please read Lame is so gay.)

If you would like to help, please do one of two things: send me links to add to the wall, or drop a comment on one or more of the linked posts to object (nicely, politely) to their use of the term 'lame' to mean 'pathetic' or 'inadequate' (or 'laughable' or 'foolish' or 'naff' or 'poorly written' or...) Or you could do both. I, for one, am so thoroughly sick of feeling punched in the stomach everytime some writer who couldn't be bothered to find a better word unthinkingly reaches for this insult.

Thank you.

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print