Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Creative concussion

Finishing a big project can be a shock to the system. Certainly a shock to my system. Odd going from eight or nine hours a day, seven days a week, to zero. It's like hitting a wall of nothing. I'm all revved up and nowhere to go, just spinning my wheels. I imagine it's like this for all artists. But novelists tend to get focused on a single project for longer than most.

Which is my preamble to saying: I feel utterly blank. Running into a wall of nothing gives a person creative concussion. I keep thinking, I should do a blog post, and then I get to the keyboard and have no idea what I want to say.

So here's your opportunity: ask me questions. Or tell me what you'd like me to talk about.

I do, sadly, have a massive To Do list...but all those things on the list have been on the list for days or weeks, and I'm not in a mood to tackle stale stuff. (I will. Just not right now.) So this is the perfect moment to make suggestions, via either the form, or the comments. [ETA: The form isn't working. So send email to asknicola2 at nicolagriffith dot com.]

Fire away.

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print