Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Blue Sword, Robin McKinley

Large chunks of the last couple of days have been the kind of days when I'd rather be somewhere else (health stuff; no, I don't particularly want to talk about it today). So I dug out an old favourite, Robin McKinley's The Blue Sword and shut the world out. I want to take this opportunity to give a shoutout to all good stories with happy endings (and swords, and ponies, and magic, and battles!). The world needs more sword and pony books. Especially ones with big cats, heroism, and saving the day.

I'm too tired to tell you why it's such a great book, but if you want to know what I like in general about YA then read this post.

I hope you all have a favourite book that can whisk you away from the less-than-thrilling moment of life when necessary.

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print