Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Being ill, Sesame Street style

You've probably figured out by now that I'm ill with something other than MS. I have a variety of doctors (internist, rheumatologist, gastroenterologist, orthopedist) trying to figure things out. This has involved several tests. And a lot of blood being drawn. (Fifteen tubes so far.) I'm still waiting for the results from the most recent batch (it'll be at least 10 days) but as every single doctor so far, when faced with test results, raises his--yep, they're all men--eyebrows, purses his lips, tugs his beard and says, "Well, that's not unheard of but it is unusual," I'm imagining the next consult over my labs will go something like this:


(Via The Spandrel Shop. Thanks, Angelique.)

That is, I doubt they'll be able to label it neatly but they'll be able to address some of the more egregious symptoms. (Don't stand in front of the fan...) Then whatever this flare-up is will pass and I'll get back to blogging about something more serious than hand puppets. But, hey, they're such apt hand puppets! Yupyupyupyupyup!

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print