Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Woodpecker convention

Wednesday was a day of brilliant sunshine here in Seattle. Brilliance and birds. At one point I looked out at the ravine and saw three woodpeckers bopping up three bare trees as though they were lumberjacks shinning up in an end-of-winter-do-something-or-we'll-go-mad tree-climbing competition. They were too far away to even bother trying to capture on my sad camera, so I just gawped. (Two flickers and a sapsucker, I think--as I say, they were a long way off.)

And that's the story of my week: standing about gawping, mind busy on other things. Don't be alarmed if I'm not here much for the next few days. I'm happily Hilding.

I hope that whatever you're doing, you're doing it happily.

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print