Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hild update

Don't be alarmed if my presence here is sporadic and eccentric in the next few days. I'm getting very, very close to the end of the first draft of part one of Hild. Which still doesn't have a working title--but does have 200,000 words. Yes. You read that right. Please stop blinking.

Do I understand that 200,000 words is insane for Part I of a novel about a women of whom we know next to nothing? Yes. Do I understand that the rewrite will be...interesting? Oh, yes. Do I truly know how blindingly batshit bugfuck crazy this whole enterprise is? Yes, of course: it's what makes it all so exciting!

And now: back to the whirling madness. I hope your day is a delight.

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print