Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Literary parody competition, and more

Three things that came to my attention today.

One, there's a new blog in town: Prospero, all about books and culture, from the Economist. And they're running a literary parody competition, with some lusciously witty examples.

Two, PW tells me that Farrar, Straus & Giroux are teaming with Scientific American to create a new publishing imprint. I don't know what the new imprint will be called, but I'm curious about the kind of books they'll publish.

Third, a TED Talk from Elif Shafak, about storytelling (thanks, Mark):

For once there was no mist when I woke up--and today I woke up at an ungodly hour (6:45) due to an insane woodpecker (a flicker, which are normally fairly well-behaved) hammering diligently on the roof. Tuh.

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print