Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Future of the magazine

Paid Content has an interesting article about the iPad and the future of the magazine. I was particularly struck by this:

Mag+ from Bonnier on Vimeo.

(via @Weegee)

It's time for people to stop imitating the page on the screen. It doesn't look or feel right; it's not useful.

Anyone here planning on buying an iPad? I might, in the future, but I think I might wait for 4G. Or perhaps I'll wait for some hack squad to build one with an optional pen-based interface. I want to be able to take notes by hand. I want to be able to draw.

FYI: more here (via @wordisup)

And some more here--an interview with Wired's creative director on designing for the iPad.

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print