Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

the little novelette that could

"It Takes Two," originally published in Jonathan Strahan's Eclipse 3 a couple of months ago, has been chosen for inclusion in Gardner Dozois' The Year's Best Science Fiction: Twenty-Seventh Annual Collection. It will also be the lead story in The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year: Volume 4, edited by Strahan. So I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself. Write it once, get paid for it three times. The little novelette that could.

I had such a blast writing that story. I'd forgotten how much fun short fiction can be. It's a full, glorious gallop from start to finish, nothing like the walk-trot, walk-trot and occasional tumble-pellmell-down-the-scree long haul of a big novel. I think I might have to try another one soon.

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print