Here's today's big news: the Lambda Literary Foundation is looking for a web producer/editor for the website in development. This is a brilliant opportunity. If I didn't have so much to do, I'd jump on it with both feet. It's the chance to influence the sphere of queer literature.
Web Producer/Editor, the Lambda Literary Foundation
The Lambda Literary Foundation
The Lambda Literary Foundation rewards and promotes excellence in lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender literature. Our programs include the Lambda Literary Awards, the Lambda Book Report, and the Emerging LGBT Writers' Retreat. We are building a new website to celebrate, support, and connect the varied constituencies of the LGBT literary community.
We are looking for a tech-savvy lit-lover who wants to be at the the nexus of the burgeoning online LGBT litscape. The web producer/editor will help put the finishing touches on the new website, then take responsibility for 1) commissioning and posting immaculately edited content which is refreshed on a reliable schedule, 2) promoting the site through social media, 3) ensuring smooth and uninterrupted operation of the site. Essentially, the web producer/editor will be monitoring the weather in the LGBT literary landscape and providing the community with the content they need before they even know they need it: reviews, opinion, interviews, community interaction--in written, audio, and video formats.
In addition to recruiting and assigning freelancers and volunteers, the producer/editor will solicit advertisers and oversee forum moderators. S/he will report to the Executive Director, with whom s/he will consult.
The ideal candidate
- has a solid grasp of the LGBT literary landscape, preferably with connections to publishers, agents, booksellers, writers, editors, readers, artists, etc.
- is at home with social media--FB, Twitter, blogosphere--and associated technologies such as podcasting and video streaming
- has experience with recruiting & managing volunteer and freelance content providers
- posseses great writing and editing skills, design flair, an instinct for and delight in community-building, and the demonstrated ability to innovate, plan and execute
- loves to solve problems, make things work, and get things done
You will meet and work with the giants of the LGBT literary world. You will help grow the careers of emerging writers. You will be loved and admired the world over. You can work from anywhere with an internet connection (though as LLF is based in Los Angeles, the West Coast would be an advantage).
This is currently a half-time salaried position which we anticipate will grow to be full-time. Pay dependent on experience. Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin Nov 30 2009.
Download the PDF. Pass it along.