Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wolf Hall wins the Booker

Hilary Mantel wins the Booker Prize for Wolf Hall, a novel about Thomas Cromwell. It's a long meaty historical, apparently; the first volume of three. Which bodes well for Hild. Listen to this discussion of the book--John Crace whinges a bit, but then admits that the book doesn't suck. (He has an amusing precis of all the short-listed novels here.)

I haven't read the book yet. I've been waiting for the Kindle edition--which may or may not happen in time to maintain my interest. (What is wrong with publishers? They are so very confused about who spends what. They're losing sales because they think ebook sales cannibalise hardcover sales. In my case they don't. In my case the equation is simple: no Kindle edition = no sale.)

Who has read it? What do you think?

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print