Pages

Monday, September 7, 2009

beaten by slime mould

Photo by KeresH from Wikipedia, licenced under Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 3.0

Do you ever feel as though the world is moving out of reach? I've just read this New Scientist article wherein some guy is planning to make a bot out of slime mould. Right. A bot. Out of slime mould. Well, okay, I thought, I can wrap my head around that, maybe, but then the article informed me airily that this same guy had previously used "the Belousov-Zhabotinsky reaction" to "build liquid logic gates for a synthetic brain" At which point I threw the magazine on the floor and folded my arms. If I wasn't so tough I would have burst into tears and started sucking my thumb, but I'm from Yorkshire: a hard lass. My lip didn't even tremble. Now, though, I have to go play with coloured blocks and maybe some crayons.

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print