Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

sex, body-swapping, and quadriplegics in spaaace

Thin, straight, genius, virgin quadriplegic swaps body with gorgeous able-bodied lesbian, has sex with a boy, saves world. Really (oh, okay, in the plans--remember that word, plans, early plans) for an ep of SyFy Channel's Stargate: Universe). Read about it at io9.com.

I laughed. I mean, what else can you do? The article at io9.com is pretty good. The comments, on the other hand... I only managed to read three before my gag reflex kicked in and, well, let's just say I think science fiction in general has a long way to travel.

For those who would like to know more about lesbian disability, read Restricted Access: Lesbians on Disability, edited by Victoria A. Brownworth and Susan Raffo.

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print