Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

when potlucks work

It was cool to meet so many of our neighbours--some people who have only been here for a year or two and others who have seen the place go from unincorporated farmland to a city neighbourhood. One man, with a six year-old daughter, started to introduce himself to a neighbour and she said, "Oh, you're the Eagle Scout who knocked on my door all those years ago and signed me up to learn CPR!"

The food turned out better than any potluck has a right to. The beer was cold, the sun warm, the conversation lively. It turns out our neighbours are heartier partyers than me--I lasted about two hours but many people were there for four.

Here for your delectation and delight are two pix (taken by the lovely K). This is the commons:

This is a view from the other direction (our driveway on the left):


This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print