Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

men are afraid...

I promised a while ago that I'd write a piece on The Woman Question, that is, my approach to gender in historical (and fantasy) fiction. And I will. Very soon. It's something that I'm actively engaged with as I write Hild.

But this is Life Beyond Keyboard week. (Yes, I do have friends, neighbours, a sweetie, social and community obligations, and responsibilities to/for a couple of organisations. Hey, it's not *all* about the writing--just mostly.)

So for now I'll leave you with this, as true now as it has been throughout history (and all cultures, as far as I can tell):

"Men are afraid women will laugh at them. Women are afraid men will kill them." Discuss.

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print