Don't Ask, Don't Tell is still in force, but the officers of tomorrow won't be listening:
WEST POINT — Cadets at the U.S. Military Academy Thursday announced the nominees for the 2nd Annual Cadet Choice Award for the movie character that best exemplifies West Point leadership.
The nominees are:
- Bruce Wayne in “The Dark Knight”
- Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg in “Valkyrie”
- Dr. Henry Walton "Indiana" Jones, Jr. in “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”
- John Hancock in “Hancock”
- Harvey Milk in “Milk”
- James Bond in “Quantum of Solace”
This is why books and films and plays and poems are important, why story is important. It's why representation of all kinds of people in those stories matters. Plus, it's seriously cool :) Go Harvey!