Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Blue Place named very worst read of 2008

Here's a quote from a blog I've just read, by someone I've never heard of:

...in 2008, only one book truly went beyond bad and into the realm of books whose awfulness deserves to be enshrined and cried out from the mountaintops. So, the very worst read of 2008 was: The Blue Place...

It goes on at some length. Aud, apparently, is a Mary Sue character, she's humourless, and every single character is a cliche. I marvel at how differently readers can interpret novels. I also marvel at the inability of some readers to miss the humour in the book. It's mystifying. Still, as Kelley says, "if everyone had taste there wouldn't be a word for it."

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print