Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2008

I love toys!

I just got one of these:


And it's *nifty*. I've downloaded the latest Dick Francis novel out of thin air. I've uploaded my Hild notes to ponder over breakfast tomorrow. I've read the latest issue of Harper's (what a load of cobblers; I'm cancelling that subscription). I've read my blog, and Kelley's blog, and, well, it's just fucking *nifty*.

Now I want one of these:


I want to fly! I want to blow shit up! I want to be a zillionaire and drink martinis while wearing Armani, and rescue women in four inch heels while wearing iron/titanium/gold-plated-whatever with hot-rod red accents!

I think I'll probably settle for watching the DVD again, and rewriting the sound track in my head: louder! more Sabbath! But then, huh, I start thinking about that old music, and how someone really should remix 'Smoke on the Water' (Paul Oakenfold, maybe?). And how cool it is to see the out-of-the-closet metaphor invade even Hollywood tentpoles. And how they're going to do Iron Man II with an out-and-proud superhero (all those tropes to rewrite). And then how am I going to dig myself out of my chronological plot hole with Hild. And then, double huh, I'm thinking about work, again.

Gotta go play with some more toys...

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print