Pages

Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday audio: Changesurfer

Here's something from the archives: an old interview with Dr. J. Hughes on Changesurfer radio, "a weekly, syndicated public affairs radio show transmitting a sexy, high-tech vision of a radically democratic future." (It's hosted by IEET, the Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies.)

The interview is about 24 minutes long. It's a little weirdly edited at the beginning--or perhaps I was just having a strange day--but hang in there; it all gradually makes sense.

I generally don't like doing phone interviews--the sound quality sucks, for one thing, and it's just plain odd to be sitting in my own house talking, for the record, to someone I've never met--and there is usually no opportunity to chat first with the host (no chance, for example, to correct name pronounciation, or the fact that "Yaguara" was nominated but didn't win the Nebula) but I'm kind of fond of this one. Enjoy:









(direct link)
This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print