Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Aud lives inside others

From: Anita

Just wanted to tell you how much i enjoyed the Aud Trilogy... I DID get the ending of Stay and loved the melancholy it conjured. The thing i wanted to share with you is this... after reading Always this past few days i find i hear Aud’s (or your) voice in my minds ear, narrating life... no not in some weird schizophrenic way, but there is this resonance that has worn off yet… I also find myself going wide around corners. I was a psych major, so the information you share about the physiology of danger and fear as well as the metamorphosis of Aud’s personality is enormously intriguing. Thanks for these gifts… I remember the stories in a similar way as i think of my own life experiences, this Aud character I once knew… very impactful…

Thank you. That's what I was talking about in my post about mirror neurons, about owning the reader for a while. When we read a good novel we recreate the experience of the character inside ourselves--their experience feels as real as our own. I'm delighted my novels did that for you. It's thrilling to think Aud literally lives inside others.

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print