Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

water footprint

Seeing as the English radio programme I linked to earlier today is currently unavailable, I thought I'd link to an English newspaper (the Guardian) article instead.

This is a pretty interesting way to look at ecological footprints. I honestly hadn't thought of it before. And, y'know, I should have. Water has always been an interest and concern of mine (exhibit A: Slow River) but apart from the ridiculousness of importing bottle water from Fiji, I hadn't considered the 'virtual' household use of us Westerners (and, oh ho, even using the word 'Western' is a big indicator of prejudice, privilege and world view -- no, not beating myself up, just noting it). Anyway, take a look. Let me know what you think.

This blog has moved. My blog now lives here: http://nicolagriffith.com/blog/

Print